PLP Will Not Compromise Your Rights
PLP is an all volunteer organization! No salaries are paid, no junkets, no shenanigans, period! PLP’s primary expense is to pay our lawyers for their legal research and representation. We have been overwhelmingly successful because the law is on our side.
Under the mining acts of 1866 and 1872 you have a federally protected right to access, occupy and work your claim. These rights are under constant attack by special interests that are against the multiple-use land regulations. What would your claim be worth if:
- The road access was closed? Can you carry your equipment several miles to your claim?
- A federal agency (Bureau of Land Management, Forest Service, etc.) unilaterally equates motorized dredges or dry washers with bulldozers and dynamite in order to get around the casual use rules.
- A state agency attempts to restrict your rights to settle a lawsuit they don’t want to defend or pay for.
- You are not allowed to park on state roads near your claim, or are forced to buy “Special Use” permits to park at your claim.
- You are prevented from occupying your claim while there to mine.
These are not theoretical examples! Your mining rights have been under attack for years, with very little mainstream resistance. Public Lands for the People has been successfully defending miner’s rights since 1990. Often, we are the only defense.
That’s why we need your support! Whether your contribution is through volunteering, donations, or just simply joining the community and getting the word out, we need individuals who will stand up and be a voice for their mining and land use rights!